Monday, October 4, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I am reminded of that country song that goes: "Life's a dance, you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow,Don't worry bout what you don't know, life's a dance you learn as you go (John Michael Montgomery)

So, last week, I was happy because my weight had stayed the same. So it was right around 222 pounds. But, I also knew that last week was also a stressful week. We were moving. And of course, as is normal protocal for moving, we ate a lot of crap (That is protocal right? hehe) So I wasn't too surprised that when I stepped on the scale and saw a gain. It wasn't much. I weight 224 pounds. I am still on target to hit my first goal weight of 220 pounds in the next 7 days...if I pay attention to what I am eating.

So, why am I reminded of that John Michael Montgomery song? Because I am learning as I go. I am learning to eat this and not that. I am learning that drinking calories is one of the biggest ways to mess up your weight loss. I can't worry about the things that I don't know. I am walking a path that I haven't walked before, and the terrain is unfamilar, but I am learning as I go.

Weigh in Weds is just a day and a half away. I am hoping to have lost a pound or two between now and then,

No comments:

Post a Comment