Saturday, October 9, 2010

It Starts With Awareness

Yesterday, I was surpised to have not only met my 1st weight loss goal, but to have passed it by 1 pound as well. Given the fact that I tend to see a lot of flucuation in my weight, I had expected, at the most, a pound or two.

After yesterdays success (and a grand total of 5 pounds lost this week) I got to thinking. How did I finally get to the point where I was seeing consistent weight loss?

It starts with awareness.

You can have the best intentions in the world when it comes to eating healthier, but if you aren't aware of what you are putting into your body, then you are setting yourself up for a very hard road.

Being aware of what you are putting into your body will lead to better choices. Better choices lead to results. Results lead to more awareness. It is a circle.

When I really took a look at the things that I was eating, I became more aware of what I was putting in my body. I was more aware of the crap that I was consuming on a daily basis. It made me think twice about ordering those nachoes I love.

By being more aware of what you are eating and what options are available to you, you will be more successful as you journey down this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment