Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes you deserve a little treat

When I first started on my journey to be a better and thinner me, I had visions of endless salad bowls running through my head. And it scared me. Not that I don't love salads, but there is only so much of one food that you can eat before you feel ill at the mere mention of the word. That was before I knew that there were healthier versions of the food that I love.

Take this Trader Joe's Mini Chocolate Bar. One serving is 3 bars for a total of 190 calories. I eat one, cut my calorie intake, and satisfy my raging sweet tooth ;)

Buffalo Wild Wings is one my favorite places to eat. I love boneless wings. Especially Honey BBQ. But, like most resturant foods of that nature, it is loaded with calories, fat, sodium, all the things I am trying to limit in my daily diet.

I was stoked with I found this recipe for Boneless Honey BBQ Wings, over on TrainerMomma. (Her blog is one of my favorites to turn to for yummy recipes)

Ingredients:
Boneless chicken tenderloin. (one package was enough for my family)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Look for one that is low in sugars. Open Pit was the only brand that I found in my supermarket that was less then 9g sugar
2 Tbs Honey.
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper

What To Do:
Combine BBQ sauce and honey in a bowl and set aside.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper and garlic powder on the chicken
Place in a single layer in a skillet (you may have to do this in batches)
Cook. (3-5 minutes on each side)
Put the cooked "wings" in a bowl, pour BBQ mix over them and toss to coat.

These bad boys are y-u-m-m-y!

I served mine with steamed green beans.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment