Friday, October 15, 2010

Move It!

This morning I woke up with the beginnings of a cold. My body hurt from yesterday. ( I went to them gym, did the treadmill for 20 mins and followed that with some weights. Then took my kids for a long walk to the park where we ran and climbed for two hours). I was exhausted. So, I decided to forgo the gym this morning. Husband left for work. I had breakfast. The kids went to play in their room and I sat on the couch.

I felt this nagging in my brain. You know, the one where you feel like you forgot something but can't quiet remember what it was? Yea, that was me this morning. It bugged me.

Then I realized what it was. I needed to do some sort of excersise. Anything. Over the last week, my body had become accustomed to working out in some form for atleast 30 minutes. As tired and achey as I was. I needed to do something.

So, I pulled out my Yoga mat and indulged in Jillan Michaels "Yoga Meltdown" which promptly kicked my butt. Once that was done, I wanted nothing more than to curl up and die. I had never done Yoga before. (Should have thought of that first, huh?) But my goal is atleast 30 to 45 minutes of cardio a day. So, I ran.  I put in 15 minutes of non stop running. I wanted to do more, but my ankle was on fire!

The moral of the story is simple- MOVE IT. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do something. Yoga and running helped put me in the right frame of mind for my day.

What have you done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment