Thursday, October 28, 2010

Seven

I have struggled with losing weight for as long as I can remember. It was always a case of "one step forward...six steps back." I hated it.

When the numbers where glaring at me, waving their arms in my face saying "Hey YOU! Yea, the one with the cookie in her mouth, YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF" I figured maybe it was time to actually do something.

It meant facing my food addiction.

It meant finding an accountability factor.

It meant being proacative.

The accountability came in the form of my Personal Trainer, Luke. He has walked the same path that I am on and came out a better, and healthier person. Our first meeting was the first time someone had looked at me and said "you can do this." Today, as I wiped the sweat off of my head, he told me that he was proud of me. That was the accountability I needed. He is great.

Being proactive came in the form of a food journal that I was required to keep as part of my "homework" Yes, my personal trainer gave me homework on my first day. :) I wrote everything down, and I was suddenly more aware of what I was putting into my mouth.

I didn't starve myself. I didn't take a single diet pill.

I worked hard. Harder then I have ever worked at this in my LIFE.

This morning, before I left to meet with Luke, I weighed myself.

216 pounds.

Last week at this time, I was 223.

Seven pounds that are gone and are never coming back. EVER.

My first goal is to hit 200 pounds. And then leave the 200's behind forever.

I am motivated. I am determined. I am EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment