Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy (and Healthy) New Year

Well, 2010 is gone. What a year it was. At first, I was dissappointed in myself as the year came to an end because I hadn't hit any of my goals for the year. It was depressing. When I talked with my trainer, he asked me if maybe I was setting the bar too high. I think  he may be right.

I am my own worst enemy. I set standards for myself that are high. In some cases, a little too high. Then, when I don't reach them, I loose sight of what I have accomplished because I come down on myself for not reaching the bar I set.

So, my goals for 2011 are going to be more realistic:

1.) I am going to stop being so damn hard on myself. I am doing an amazing job turning my life around. So what if I have a bad day? We all have those days.

2.)I am going to run 5 and 10ks this season

3.)I am going to run in the Chicago Marathon in 2011.

4.) I am going to focus on finding more foods that I enjoy that are good for me.

5.)I am going to reach my goal weight of 160 pounds

(Part of me would also like to run 2011 miles in 2011....that is not a goal persay, but something I am putting out there. Beacause I don't run. So to hit those 2011 miles and to run those races I am actually going to have to put some miles on these feet.)

6.) I am going to be more mindful of what I eat and when I eat it

7.)I am going to STOP making excuses.

I am going to make 2011 the BEST year ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment