Friday, December 24, 2010

My first Christmas as a "former" fat girl

It has been roughly four months since all this madness started. 3 months since I started working with my trainer. Over these four months 51 pounds and countless inches have been shed. I am in the best shape, mentally and physically, then I have been in probably 8 years now. And it's only going to get better :)

I love Christmas. Moreso now that I have kids. To me, this holiday is about them. Sure, it is nice to have a gift or two under the tree, but I would much rather celebrate them.

This year, however, I have given myself probably the best gift of all. The gift of good health. I  have given myself more time with my children and the chance to really make a difference. Losing weight has opened doors that I don't think could have been opened otherwise. I was forced to take a good look at who I had allowed myself to become. And now, I am better because of it.

This is my first Christmas in many years feeling confident and worthy . I always felt like I was judged because of my weight. Because my inability to lose weight and be happy was an extension of everything else that I have failed in my life.

But, look at me now. I didn't fail. In fact, I have gone above and beyond anything that I could have ever expected this journey to be. And it's not over.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment