Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stepping Out Of The Comfort Zone


Google Images
 I like my comfort zone. It's comfy. I've been s.l.o.w.l.y expanding my comfort zone over the last few months. The operative word here is slowly. And while change is an inevitable part of life...it doesn't mean that I have to embrace it. Does it?

I find myself standing at the very edge of my comfort zone right now. One foot on the "not so sure" zone and one still planted firmly in the comfort zone. I have been blessed beyond words to have a fantastic personal trainer. One whom I am certain that without, I wouldn't have had the success (or motivation) to get as far as I have gotten. I have been trying forever to lose this weight. And it took me finding my personal trainer for it to happen.

Now, I am having to do more of this on my own. Our schedules don't quite mesh so well right now (and that's okay. I am very excited for my trainer, he has just opened his own gym and I couldn't be happier for him. He's awesome and is going to do awesome.) Tonight, for just a minute, I found myself on the verge of tears. I didn't realize just how much I had come to depend on my trainer until I had to face the possibility of us having less time together. Even though that is supposed to happen...eventually.

I have to step out of my comfort zone and have more confidence in my ability to do this. On my own. My trainer has given me wonderful tools and has always remained available for my emails and texts (no matter how neurotic they may be) and, in his absence, I need to use those tools. I need to take what he has taught me and just do it. Sure, it makes me sad that things don't mesh quite as well right now. But, I know that if I stay in my comfort zone I am never going to grow. I am never going to reach my full potential.

So, I will take a deep breath and step out of my comfort zone. I will do this. I will make my trainer proud.

I will make myself proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment