Monday, January 3, 2011

I have bitten off more than I can chew

Via Google Images
I am notorious for setting the bar a little on the high side for myself. I am also notorious for being way to hard on myself when I don't reach that bar. But, 2011 has brought forth a new me. One who has her goals and priorities straight. One who is working to achieve those goals.

I have commited to running a 1/2 marathon (But, I am leaning towards doing the full marathon) in May. May 15th to be exact.  Now, I will admit, I am not a runner. Atleast not yet. But, this is something that I want to do. This is something that I have to do. I am not doing for anyone other than ME. I am doing this for myself. For a while now, I have talked about wanting to run a marathon,1/2 marathons, 5 and 10ks. I want to run. Simply because for years I  haven't been able to walk at a brisk pace, let alone run. Now, I am in the best shape I have ever been in and getting better each week.

I am confident I can do this. I am also confident that I have bitten off more than I can chew. Which only leaves me two choices...Chew it or Spit it out.

I am going to chew it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment