Thursday, January 13, 2011

Amazing


Sometimes, I don't realize just how strong I really am until I find myself down on my knees. Last week was one of those weeks. A week where i didn't know what was next. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to quit. I was frustrated. I had let my fat girl be the dominant figure in my life.

Again.

Then I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself "this is not acceptable." No wanting to give up everytime I had a bad day. If I did, then I would be right backe to where I was a few months ago.

Fat.

Obese.

Unhappy.

I don't want to be any of those things ever again.

I weigh myself daily. Neurotic? Maybe. But, it keeps me on task. It keeps my  head in the game and reminds me just what it is I am doing. Above my scale hangs my "before" picture. I look at that girl everyday and everyday I get one step closer to telling her goodbye forever.

Today, I hit a major milestone.

I have lost sixty yes sixty pounds since the end September/Early October 2010. This is huge. I have never been able to lose, and keep off, 6 pounds, let alone 60. The inches are coming off as well. For the first time in my adult life I am now wearing large in clothes. Yes that is only ONE letter on the tag. I am excited because I am finally a good and positive role model not only for my kids, but to others as well.

I have lost this weight through hard work and determination. No fad diets. No dangerous eating. But through good choices and hard work.

Think it can't be done?

It can.

I still have 15 pounds to go to my goal of 160. Although, I know that I could actually stand to weigh between 155-150. But my goal of 160 is just a few pounds away.

Suddenly, it seems as if it is actually obtainable.

4 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Awesome job on your success!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Awesome job on your success!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome job! Congrats on all your hard work. I'm the same with the scale... that was my post for today! That's an impressive number to put up!

    ReplyDelete