Sunday, September 19, 2010

Can I Be Honest?

Ok, I am having the hardest time with this whole losing weight and eating right thing. I swore off pop and coffee, only to find myself back to drinking both like they are going out of style. My eating habits are still somewhat good, but they certainly could be better.

I think one the largest contributing factors is that other than the online support that I have, I have no real life support. I mean my husband supports me, but I don't have a work-out buddy or a running buddy. I don't have someone to complain with or to celebrate my success with. Losing weight is a lonely road to travel alone, and it so easy--and tempting--to take a detour.

In all honesty, I am struggling. I am at the point where I want to say "I'm done" . I am not happy in my skin, but each time I struggle and each time I fail, I feel worse than I did before.

There are so many things that I want for myself. And for my family. I feel like I am falling short in every aspect of this journey. I don't want to be another statistic. I want to succeed. I want to look back and say "it was hell...but I did it"

3 comments:

  1. We are having the same struggle. I have lost this weight before but this time it is more difficult than ever.

    I have decided that every day I will start over. I am making daily goals for myself (more water, better workouts, etc). I know this is a cliche, but we have to do this one day at a time.


    I do believe that blogging helps. It's true journaling 21st century style. We have to get support where we can find it and those on-line "way to go comments" do help. Maybe you can use twitter or join a walking group to find a workout buddy near you. Maybe you can even start your own group.

    Good Luck. I'll keep with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are struggeling right now. I wish I could come be your workout buddy because I know how valueable they are. If I could just say one thing....I found every single one of my workout buddies at the gym. I tried and tried to get friends to go with me but we always seemed to have different schedules, when I found them at the gym I knew what their goals were and when they worked out. I was able to find 3-4 good workout partners that ended up being a great support system. Now we call and text each other, complain and brag about accomplishments together.

    I really hope you can find the in person support you are looking for....try the gym!

    EM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I appreciate the support and encouragement. I am going to try the gym. If anything, it gets me out of the house and away from the kiddos for a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete