Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Garbage In=Garbage Out

You can't out train a bad diet. Ever. I can't tell you how many emails I get each week from people telling me that they are working out X number of hours a week, but aren't seeing progress. I always ask them to track their workouts and food for 7 days and get back with me. The outcome is almost always the same. They are working at the gym, but they are eating crap the rest of the day.

That hour you spend in the gym matters. But what matters even more is how you spend the other 23 hours in your day. You put garbage into your body, I can promise you that what you are going to get out of it is garbage.

Your body burns calories at a faster rate after a workout. You've amped up your metabolism, and that's a good thing.But, if you turn around and eat crap, you are going to undo everything that you have just done...and then some.

Proper nutrition is a key component to a healthy lifestyle. It's important to not only track your food in a food journal, but to also be aware of where you food comes from. Not all food is created equal.

You are going to get out what you put in...

Make it count

No comments:

Post a Comment