Thursday, August 26, 2010

Super easy, Semi Homemade Oatmeal Muffins

In light of my recent success at losing some weight...finally...I have decided it was time to get a little creative in the kitchen. I have been following Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolisim plan. I plan my meals (for the most part) each week, and have even gotten to try foods that I more than likely never would have tried before.

Today, I decided to try Oatmeal muffins. Now these are not part of the plan per se, but I have a certain allowance of fat and calories per day that I allow myself, and hey we all deserve a treat now and then.

I call these semi homemade because I didn't make the base...the oatmeal part...I used Jiffy it's 50 cents at Wal-mart. (But get two boxes for 12 muffins) but I did *modify* and add to the recipe to make them my own.

Ingredients:
Two boxes Jiffy Oatmeal Muffin mix
Chocolate Chips (I used 70%  Cacao Ghiridelli Chocolate chips)
2/3 cups Almond milk
2 eggs

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 400
Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil spray or use liners
Mix all the ingredients together
Fill the cups about 1/2 full
Bake for 13 to 17 minutes

Now, I am sure you are wondering why almond milk? Almond milk is one of my newest addictions (along with almond butter, which I sadly used up while making chocolate almond blondies) It only has about 70 calories and is super smooth and creamy and adds a great flavor. It is awsome in shakes, over cereal or just plain.

In this recipe, you cannot taste the almond milk, but I did notice they were more moist this time!

*I know, I know, I need pictures...I forgot. Next time, I promise!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment