Saturday, August 14, 2010

Humilation Diet?

I was watching Good Morning America and they had a story on a website called "Tweet What You Eat". Then of course, their expert weighed in on whether a "humiliation diet" was really effective. The general verdict- it depends.

I am currently participating in a weight loss/diet/weigh-in thing over on Fat Girl To Thin. Each week we send in our weights, did we gain or loose? And some of us send in pictures.

Do I view this as a "humiliation" diet? No. And nor did I view "TWYE" as a humilation diet.

As most people battling weight issues now, support is the KEY to being successfull. Accountability goes a LONG way when it comes to shedding those unwanted pounds. Sometimes, we cannot find that accountability factor in real- life. I know that I really don't have a "in the flesh" support group, so the online support has been what has kept me going. Sure, it is kind of embarrassing when it is time to post my weight for the week and it has either stayed the same or gone back up. But, I get support from others who are in the same boat as me. And that is what I am looking for.

The dangers with a site such as TWYE are that sometimes people are not truthful about the calorie count or are engaging in diet habits that may not be healthy. It is REALLY important that when it comes to eating, you consult a nutritionist or dietician FIRST.

But as for the humiliation factor? If it helps me get healthier and feel better- then I am all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment