Monday, November 1, 2010

Never Thought That I Would Be That Person

I have been in a serious funk lately. I wake up feeling crappy, I go through the motions of my day, I go to bed feeling crappy. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Seriously, it sucks. There really hasn't been a reason why this funk has descended on me...it is just here.

In the past, I dealt with this funk one way, and one way only...I ate. Everything. It made me feel better. Or atleast I convinced myself it did.

This time, though, eating like that was not an option that I was even willing to explore. Nope. And undo everything I have worked towards recently. Nuh-uh. No way.

So, I had to find something productive to do. I tried playing World Of Warcraft. I know, it isn't productive but atleast it kept me busy. But, I couldn't focus long enough to kill the end instance boss.

Today, I had enough of it. I was stressed to the max. The loads of Halloween Candy was beckoning me from atop the fridge. The kids were fighting. The husband was sleeping. I was D.O.N.E.

As soon as the husband woke up..I bolted. Laced up my shoes, grabbed my iPod and bag and left.

I headed straight for the gym. I needed it. I craved it.

I pounded out a few miles on the treadmill and then worked on some weights. I sweated. A lot. I pushed myself hard today...

For the first time, I was not the person who reaches for food in a stressful situation. Instead, I became that person who is proactive instead of reactive.

I was proud of myself. Because I am learning better and healthier ways to deal with stress. Instead of eating, the only thing my body wanted was to pound it out on the treadmill. All my body wanted was an hour of just me, the machines, and my iPod.

It was great.

2 comments:

  1. And THAT my dear is how you become a fitness addict!! Great job!!! So proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa :) Your support means the world to me!!

    ReplyDelete