Friday, November 19, 2010

Tuna and Canilini Bean Salad

Since I started on this journey, I have gotten to love beans. Garbanzo beans, Black Beans, Canilini beans. Prior to losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle, the only beans I ever ate were green beans.

The other night, the husband made spaghetti for the kiddos and himself. I don't eat pasta now unless it is whole wheat and since I am the only one who eats whole wheat pasta, I decided that I didn't want to cook pasta just for me that night. So I raided my cupboards and came up with a yummy bean and tuna recipe.

Tuna and Canilini Bean Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Canilini Beans (opt for low sodium)
  • 1 5oz can of Tuna (in water, not oil)
  • 1tbs Red Wine Vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olives (optional...I am weird I like black olives)
  • 1/3 cup red onions sliced in thin strips
What to do:
  1. Drain water from tuna and dump in a bowl, break up tuna with a fork
  2. Drain liquid from beans and add to tuna
  3. add onions and olives (if using)
  4. Add the vinegar and season to taste
You can serve this at room temp.

Makes about 6 1 cup servings at just around 200 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment