The other night, the husband made spaghetti for the kiddos and himself. I don't eat pasta now unless it is whole wheat and since I am the only one who eats whole wheat pasta, I decided that I didn't want to cook pasta just for me that night. So I raided my cupboards and came up with a yummy bean and tuna recipe.
Tuna and Canilini Bean Salad
- 1 can Canilini Beans (opt for low sodium)
- 1 5oz can of Tuna (in water, not oil)
- 1tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olives (optional...I am weird I like black olives)
- 1/3 cup red onions sliced in thin strips
- Drain water from tuna and dump in a bowl, break up tuna with a fork
- Drain liquid from beans and add to tuna
- add onions and olives (if using)
- Add the vinegar and season to taste
Makes about 6 1 cup servings at just around 200 calories.