Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, it's here. One of my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving. While it is one of my favorite, it is also one of my most feared. But, I am not fearing it this year. I am in control of things this year, not the other way around.

I  have plenty to be Thankful for this year.

*I am thankful for my kids. Thankful for their ability to love me unconditionally.

*I am thankful for Luke, my personal trainer. He works me hard. But he also has the compassion and understanding that makes him a wonderful trainer. Plus, he continues to work with me even when I am as stubborn as a mule. :)

*I am thankful for Steve. He may not understand why I do this. But, he let's me do this. I know that he is uncertain if I will ultimately succeed and that is what drives me harder.

*I am thankful for my friends. I have the most amazing group of friends that a girl could ask for. Every single one of them has a permanent place in my life. I am forever grateful for them all. :)

*I am thankful that I am was broken. Because being broken allowed me to explore options to "fix" me. Being broken made me open my eyes to my eating disorder, how dangerously overweight I really was, and that I desperately needed a change.

*I am thankful for my life. Right now. While I may not have all the material things I want. I have so much more. I have family, friends, and for the first time...my health.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment