Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Menu planning...oh how I loathe thee.

I am preparing to jump right into the Master Your Metabolism plan this week ( I waited till this week, as it's grocery week). I spent the better part of last night pouring over the books that I ordered. I flipped through the calorie counter, I read the recipes in the Master Cookbook...I felt comfortable chosing this plan.

What I failed to realize is that the backbone of any successful diet/eating plan is a menu plan.

I am the only one in my house who is going to follow this plan. My husband will eat some of what I make, but for the most part...it's just me. (And yes, that means that I will be preparing two seperate meals...*sigh*)

Planning a menu is hard. Especially when following the MYM plan. For the first time in a very long time, I am more aware of the quality of foods that I consume. It is kind of scary when you think about all the crap that you put into your bodies.

Menu planning is supposed to give me a guideline. Something to follow. I buy those ingredients and that is what I have to eat.

The more I have to menu plan, the more a frozen pizza becomes appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment