Monday, July 19, 2010

Change your thoughts...Change your life

I believe that is also the title of a Wayne Dyer book. Matter of fact, I have that book and that is probably why that title jumped into my head... anyways

I have been struggling with this whole weightloss thing...alot. When it is just me that is eating this stuff, just me that is doing the workouts, I tend to lose motivation. Sometimes, I feel like I am destined to be this fat mom forever. The mom who can't run and play with her kids.

And I hate it.

I follow both Jillian Michales and Bob Harper on Facebook and Twitter. Today, Bob had posted something about drinking more water to lose weight and to just be healthier overall. One poster said it didn't matter what he did, he was always going to be fat and it was "depressing". A few posters responded with "If that is how you think, then that is how it is going to be." And at that moment, they could have been talking to me.

The negative way that I have been thinking is sabotaging me before I even really get started. I am setting myself up to fail.

Changing your thoughts takes effort. And it isn't going to be easy. But if I want to succeed, if I want to be a healthier mom..and a happier mom, then I need to change my thought process.

I am working on it, I don't think that it will be easy, but I know that I need to do it. Not only for me, but also for my children that plan on mommy being around for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment