Monday, June 25, 2012

Day One In The Books

Day one of my training is in the books. And, honestly, it was a lot harder than I expected. Not so much the workout part of it, I've been lifting for a while. But the nutrition aspect.

I knew going into this that I was going to have to really dial in on my nutrition. And, dial in I did. Of course that meant sugar withdrawls something fierce (I totally picked a fight with Steve because I was feeling like crap.) I still have to play around with the calories somewhat, but overall, the nutrition aspect seems like something I will learn to enjoy. My food today was good, but it was just something a little different then I am used to eating.

I am eating 5-6 meals a day. Every 3 hours. My 3 main meals contain a starch and veggies, the other 2-3 contain something like my chicken muffins or carrot protein bars and veggies. No carbs after 7. I figure tomorrow at some point I will sit down and write about what I am eating, when, and why.

Workout for today:


Wide Pushups
Dumbell Bench Press
Flat Bench Cable Flyes
Narrow Pushups
Overhead Tricep Extensions
Tricep Pushdowns


I did 3 sets, lifting at 60% with one minute rest in between sets. (My rest involved me walking a lap in an attempt to keep my HR somewhat elevated)


For the next four weeks, my focus is on building muscle and losing fat. So, I am not doing as much cardio as I was before. In fact, I probably won't get any cardio in except for walking a few laps for the next few weeks.

This program as a whole is totally different than anything that I have ever done before, so I certainly need to play around with it somewhat. But, I felt good today during my workouts and there was no "afternoon crash" which I am sure was due to the frequency I was eating.

(For those of you wondering what program I am following, it's Jamie Eason's LiveFit program found on Bodybuilding.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment