Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am not perfect

This journey to be a better and healthier me is just beginning. Well, to be completely honest, I have derailed a few times, but the important thing is that I just keep going.

When I first made the choice to blog about my struggle to lose weight, I had to wrestle with some demons. I wanted to go all out, no holds barred, and be 100% transparent. But that was a scary thought. Because it meant putting everything out there. My insecurities, my fears...everything.

Did I really want everyone to know everything? Part of me said "NO you fool" but a larger part of me said "Yes, you have to do this"

My reasoning is this:

Every one has struggled with something at some point in their lives Be it weight loss, addiction, or something else. We have all had are struggles. And, more than likely, everyone at some point has felt like they were alone. That no one understood how they felt or what they were going through. I know, that for me, I felt like no one understood how emotionally and physically painful it was to be overweight. No one knew how defeating it was to look at the scale and see that the numbers went up instead of down.

If just one person can take away just one thing from my blog and use it in their own personal journey, then I know that it will be worth it in the end.

I am not perfect. But through this journey I am hoping that I will learn that it is ok to not be perfect. I am hoping that, in the end, I will learn to be happy and healthy. And be the best that I can be.

~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment