Monday, June 28, 2010

Some Great Tools To Help With Weight Loss

You can’t do a job without the proper tools. And as nearly anyone will tell you, having the proper tools make all the difference in doing the job effectively.

The same goes for losing weight. In order to effectively lose weight, you need to be able to keep track of your progress, your goals, excersise, and what you eat. All of it.

I am a visual person. If I can see my progress that I am making towards my goal, then I feel like I have accomplished something. Thing is, I didn’t want another notebook sitting around, plus I wanted something that would not only track what I ate, but would compute calories, my excersise, the whole nine yards.

Now, I don’t own an iPhone. But I do own an iPod touch, that I love to death. This thing is never far from my reach. I was pleased to discover that nearly every app that is available for the iPhone is available for the iPod touch (you just need the most recent software update…which is $5.00)

I have downloaded 3 apps so far, although there are many more I would like to add to my iPod.

1.)Jillian: An app by America’s toughest trainer! I love Jillian Michaels. She may be tough, but she gets the job done. I recently signed up for a free trial for her online program. And while I may not continue it (it’s $50.00 a quarter, and I don’t have that kinda cash at the moment) it is a great tool. So, I searched the Apple Itunes App store when I heard about her newest App. It is free to download and use and is a great way to keep track of everything you need to. (including motions like running..it tracks that movement.)

2.)SparkPeople: This is another free app. It is a great way to track your goals, calorie intake, and more.

3.)SparkRecipes: This is a free app that has a TON of healthy recipes for any occasion right at your fingertips. The recipes include the calorie and other nutritional information.

*These reviews are my own opinion. I was in no way compensated for these reviews and have no affilation with the above companies*

No comments:

Post a Comment